The event was held on May 24, from 08:30 to 13:00, in auditorium 1of the Faculty of Law of USP
The Society and Technology Study Center (CEST) held the III Seminar on Intellectual Property in the Information Society with a focus on Copyright and Artificial Intelligence.
The following speakers attended the seminar:
- Prof. Maristela Basso, PhD (Faculty of Law of USP): Lecture “The International Protection of Copyright in the Information Society“.
- Diplomat Daniel R. Pinto (Division of Intellectual Property – DIPI – MRE): Lecture “The International Copyright Negotiations Related to the Virtual Environment“.
- Prof. Newton Silveira, PhD (Faculty of Law of USP): Lecture “The Mismatch between the Demands of the Information Society and the Copyright“.
- Prof. Jaime Simão Sichman, PhD (Polytechnic School of USP): Lecture “Artificial Intelligence and its Development – A Vision” (not available for download).
- Prof. Antônio Carlos Morato, PhD (Faculty of Law of USP): Lecture “The Copyright and its Challenges in the face of Artificial Intelligence” (not available for download).
The event featured two discussions panels with the speakers aiming the following objectives:
- Understanding the fundamentals of Copyright by means of International Intellectual Property Law;
- Reflecting on the current international treaties that protect the author’s production in the Information Society;
- Analyzing the management of Copyright in the virtual environment, the nature of artificial intelligence (AI) and its forms of interaction with society;
- Identifying what types of works / products are created or developed through artificial intelligence and how to give them legal treatment;
- Discussing whether artificial intelligence presents challenges not addressed by current legislation and what these challenges would be;
- Identifying how to apply copyright concepts to results (products / works) created exclusively or with AI interfaces;
- Discussing possible ways to improve the legal treatment of the outcome of artificial intelligence and its applications.
To download your certificate, click here (enter the e-mail address used for registration).
Details of the Event’s Location
Auditório 1 of the Faculty of Law of USP
Largo San Francisco, 95 (map)
Center, São Paulo – SP